Active Week 2019
This year our Active Week is being held from Monday the 10th of June to Friday the 14th June.
- TRACKSUITS ARE TO BE WORN ALL WEEK.
- Bicycles and helmets to be brought in on Wednesday 12/06.
- Wake and Shake: 5 – 10 minutes at the beginning of each day dancing (Go Noodle, Just Dance).
- Active Homework can be filled in during school time.
- Active Artist: Each class can draw, paint, make a collage of their favourite part of Active Week. There will be an award for Senior and Junior Active Artist.
- Active Poet: Write a poem or limerick about being active. There will be an award for Senior and Junior Active Artist.
- 10@10 : 10 minutes of exercise at 10 o’clock every morning during Active Week. You can use Go Noodle, The Body Coach UK, YouTube or make something up yourself.
- Friday 14/06: All activities including assembly will be postponed until Friday 21/06 due to SPORTS DAY now being held on Friday the 14th
Please take lots of photos and videos which we can put on our Active Blog and Active Board.
Every Morning we start of with WAKE and SHAKE and later on we do 10 @ 10 (10minutes of exercise at 10 o’clock)
Today we started off the week with a whole school activity. Jamie Geraghty and Aaron Fitzpatrick from Bar Monkey Calisthenics came and gave a taster session to all our classes.
Lots of fun and competition between the classes showing how strong and focused they were.
We also held a practice for Sports Day in the yard.
This morning 6th Class headed off to Carlingford Adventure Centre where they will stay until Thursday. Lots of outdoor Activities for them. Photos to follow!!!
1st and 2nd class went on their school trip to Greenan Maze
1st and 2nd class headed off this morning to Greenan Maze in Rathdrum, Co. Wicklow. As well as solving the tricky maze puzzle, they also visited the farmhouse museum, saw the farm animals and fed the hens.
As well as these activities, they went on a treasure hunt and a nature walk around the Dragon Fly pond. They played games where one person had to guide another, who kept their eyes closed, around a trail..
The weather stayed fine for their visit and they had a brilliant time.
Back at school after WAKE and SHAKE and 10@10, 3rd class went for an extra trip to Meadowvale Tennis Courts.
Junior Infants and Senior Infants used the hall to play Musical Statutes.
We held a Sports Quiz for the classes. Great answers from all the children !!
3rd, 4th and 5th class took part in JUST DANCE. Super dance moves and several people were chosen to show off their skills on the stage.
Gary and Larry from Grenada F.C. came and took Junior and Senior Infants and 3rd class for soccer.
Today we were due to take part in our annual cycle but unfortunately due to bad weather it had to be cancelled. But all was not lost. Last minute The Active Committee organised an obstacle course for Junior Infants, Senior Infants, 1st and 2nd class. The Active Agents demonstrated how to complete each activity and helped supervise each station.